My eBay Login – Sign in or Register to eBay.com account. Get help with your eBay online account or account setup.
It takes just a few minutes to create an eBay account. Once your account is set up, you can buy and sell, send messages to other eBay members, and leave feedback for buyers and sellers.
Protecting your account
Your safety is one of our top priorities, so we take measures to help ensure your account is secure. There are also several things you can do to prevent your account from being hacked or taken over.
If you suspect your account is compromised, let us know so we can get it back under your control. See our article on getting help with a hacked account
Top Takeaway To keep your account secure, we recommend changing your password regularly, keeping your contact information up to date, and watching for signs of spoof emails.
Get help with a hacked account
If you think someone is trying to take over your account—or already has—we’ll work with you to secure it. For your protection, we may place a temporary hold on your account.
Whenever there is suspicious activity related to your account, it’s important to act quickly. If you think your account is compromised, first check whether anyone with access to your account made changes to it or used it to buy or sell.
If you can sign in to your account
If you can still sign in, take the following steps:
- Change your password immediately.
- Change your secret questions.
- Verify your contact information and payment details. Check your contact information, your shipping addresses, and your payment information. If anything was changed by the person who took over your account, change it back.
- Check your active bids and listings in My eBay to make sure they’re yours. Contact us for help removing unauthorized bids or listings.
If there’s been no fraudulent activity on your account, you don’t need to contact us.
If you can’t sign in to your account, contact us immediately.
Account holds, restrictions, and suspensions
We may occasionally restrict or suspend accounts to protect our community. If your eBay account is restricted or suspended, we’ll email you with the steps you need to take to have your account reinstated.
If we believe your account has been accessed by a third party, we’ll place a temporary block on your account for your safety. For more information on what to do next, see how to get help with a hacked account
Why your account was suspended or restricted
Holds, restrictions, or suspensions are usually placed on accounts for one of the following reasons:
- You have eBay fees to pay
- You need to reimburse eBay for a refund we made to your buyer
- You have violated one of our rules or policies
- We couldn’t verify your account information
- You need to update your payment method
How to have your account reinstated
Getting your account reinstated may be as simple as waiting for a temporary suspension to finish, making changes to your listings, or sending us some more information—it depends on the reason we suspended your account. The full details will be in the message we’ve sent you.
If your account was restricted or suspended because of outstanding seller fees or a refund reimbursement, you can make a one-time payment to resolve the issue. When we receive your payment, your account will be reinstated.
To make a one-time payment:
- Go to Account in My eBay.
- Beside Payment methods for seller fees, select One-time payment, and follow the instructions.
If you believe your account is compromised or need additional help with your eBay online account or account setup, contact eBay Customer Service for instant help.